So, just in case one of you dear readers find yourself plagued by a person that may be a lycanthrope, there is no need to fear. There are ways of telling if that creepy coworker is licking his chops in anticipation of making you into a midnight snack.
1. The unibrow - this is a sure fire way to tell. Look out for those who shave the middle part.
2. Fur on the inside of their skin - a bit harder to tell. A Roman platoon suspected one of their own as a werewolf and used this technique to discover the truth. After they ripped his skin off and found no fur, well, he was forgiven.
3. Forget the whole moon thing - that was added in movies. True werewolves do not have to wait for the moon.
4. The ring finger - is longer than the middle finger.
5. Excessive thirst - maybe coming for the idea that dogs and wolves pant because they are always thirsty.
6. Obsession with walking through graveyards - I bet Poe was one. He even proposed to a woman in the graveyard. One theory is that he died of rabies perhaps from being bitten by a rabid bat in a graveyard.
7. Foul smell - werewolves have extra seat glands. Be alert for a smell of hay and horse manure.
8. Check the pee pee - yep, werewolves have urine that is a deep purple. However, scoping out the color of someone's urine in a public bathroom could result in problems other than the wolf kind. Use this technique with caution.
9. The Mark of the Werewolf - the dead give away. If someone has a pentagram on their palm, break out the silver weapons IMMEDIATELY!
10. Shoot him/her with a silver bullet - if he/she dies, probably a werewolf.
Side note, if you are out of silver weapons and are being chased by a werewolf, always drop things.Werewolves must stop and pick them up before continuing the chase. Can anyone say, OCD? That's why I always have a pocketful of rice wherever I go. It works for vampires too.
O.K. people - be safe out there!