Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Tech Tuesday - Starting Google Slides in Slideshow Mode (using Lucha Libre Literature as a bonus)

A short and simple one today.  I have a slideshow review for my AP class that I want them to go through when I am not there.  I want to make sure that they go through it in Slideshow mode rather than the typical edit mode you see when you pull up a Google Slides Presentation.  Turns out, that is easy to do.  You just need to modify the link.  The example presentation given here in the links is not the one I am using (that belongs to someone else and I do not know if I have permission to share it), but is a different one that I am going to use for class discussion (Lucha Libre Literature) later.  Since it was handy, I figured I would just share that one.

Creating a Slideshow mode link
Sometimes, especially when you have animation on your slides, you want to make sure that students open it in Slideshow mode rather than edit mode.  There is an easy way to do this.  Normally you link would look like this:


https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bS2KWZHUocJlK1qqtTzwGbkXi3f32DhnNZsUlqh0NDI/edit

Put this link on your website or Canvas page and a student will pull it up in normal mode. Instead, change the EDIT to PRESENT.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bS2KWZHUocJlK1qqtTzwGbkXi3f32DhnNZsUlqh0NDI/present

Now when a student clicks it, it will already be in Slideshow mode.  This also works by using the word PREVIEW.  By the way, if you are wanting to share your document with someone, you can change EDIT to COPY and it will take them straight to a COPY FILE page. 


Got any other tricks up your sleeve?  Share them in the comments!



Extreme English Teacher Store



No comments:

Post a Comment